Friday 17 June 2016

The love of reading - A poem

***The Love of Reading***


You. You look like my next love poem. 
The next syllable standing in the line
of inspiration. The iambic pentameter  
to my heart beat. The depth to these 
words.  It’s all You. It’s True
You. You feel like the next clause to my 
smile. The breath captured in September 
The book read in March.

You. You are the plural to us. The 
punctuation to my disappointments. The one
word that the dictionary cant define. Yes.
You. You are the chocolate stain on this page. It 
Cannot be removed. Its your smile. It’s your eyes.
That Plant yellow roses in swimming pools.  
You. You look like my next love poem. 

You. You are my mattress made of books. The
Author of many worlds. The scribe to 
the language of my lips. The rhyming scheme
to my joy. You. You are the next line I shall read.

A poem by Nompumelelo Mthethwa written for Afrokulcha 

**May you find your love (book) at Afrokulcha’sbookstore, http://www.afrokulcha.co.za/ ***

xoxo 





No comments:

Post a Comment